Welcome to the Department of Public Safety
School resource officers with the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office serve the MACU campus 24/7, providing the MACU community with around-the-clock service and protection. Student resource officers patrol the University on a regular basis and are always available by calling 405-692-3100.
MACU’s school resource officers issue parking permits, offer safety escorts, enforce State and Federal laws and MACU regulations, and much more.
If you are the victim of a crime, MACU’s school resource officers can help you. If it occurred on campus, school resource officers can take a report and investigate it, if you wish. If it occurred off campus, they will help you file a report with the correct agency. They also have resources available to help you. You do not have to file a report to receive help.
In an effort to continue to provide a safe atmosphere for all students, faculty, and staff, MACU features multiple, state-of-the-art safety features, including:
- Emergency alert speakers throughout the campus for rapid notification of emergencies
- Security cameras throughout the campus, allowing for 24/7 remote monitoring by school resource officers
- A mass notification system using text messaging technologies to notify all students of emergencies and/or school closings
- A public telephone connection in all residence hall living rooms with the ability to place 911 emergency calls
- Local resources available for students dealing with mental health issues